1. Username and Password. If you are a registered member, you will need a username and password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. You agree not to provide third parties with access to your account and that you will be responsible for any activities that occur on your account by such parties. You will immediately notify us in the event of any unauthorized use of your account or other security breach of which you become aware.
2. Forum; Message Board; Writer's Workshop. By using the Service, you agree that you will not post or transmit any of the following materials in any of the Service chat rooms (the 'Forum') or message boards, or through the Writer's Workshop or any other service area:
* Material that defames, libels, abuses or threatens others.
* Statements that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, harassing, threatening, defaming, or vulgar.
* Material that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right of a third party or that violates any right of publicity, right of privacy or any other laws or regulations.
* Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation, unless where allowed.
* Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
* Material that contains sexually-orientated, obscene or indecent language or images.
* Material that is fraudulent or intentionally misleading.
By submitting any material to this Site, you are granting us the right to display, copy and distribute your submission on or in connection with the Site, at our discretion.
You further agree that all information you provide to us or The Cult about yourself or otherwise will be accurate and not misleading. This includes information you provide in the registration process and information posted to any message board or transmitted through the Writer's Workshop or the Forum.
We cannot guarantee that we will monitor all postings, or that material in violation of our policies will not be posted. We do not endorse any religious, political, social or other sentiment that may be expressed by users of the Service.
We do NOT delete user accounts. Please be advised that you have 24 hours to edit or delete posts you have made. After that, they are a permanent part of the forum. We do not have the time or resources to delete threads or accounts, so choose your user name wisely and post accordingly. Please do not contact the staff to delete threads, posts, or accounts. We simply cannot do it.
If you believe that information that you have posted on or through the Service has been used in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with a written notice (e-mail is fine) that includes the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
The Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is Dennis Widmyer who can be contacted at email@example.com or A Writer's Cult, LLC, 2269 Beachwood Dr., #207, Los Angeles CA 90068, USA.
3. Additional Restrictions. You may not use any device, software or routine that could interfere with the proper working of the Service.
4. Protection of Content. Access to content available through the Service, including text, artwork, photographs, sound, video, and music, is granted for your personal use only. You may not modify, copy, transmit, distribute or otherwise use any such material for any commercial purpose, nor may you use the Service or any of the content on the Site in connection with any third party promotions, contests, research, survey, chain letters, solicitations, spamming, junk mail or publications. You may not under any circumstance bypass the security in place to protect the Chuck Palahniuk essays and/or Q&A's as these are provided on a read only basis as requested by the author. The burden of determining whether any information or other content on the Site is subject to any copyright, right of privacy or other proprietary right rests with you. You acknowledge that we and others who provide content remain the owners of their content, regardless of whether such materials are protected by copyright laws, and that you do not acquire any ownership rights by accessing or downloading such materials. You further agree not to remove any copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any material that you obtain through the Service.
5. LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE, SERVICE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, SERVICE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE OR ACCURACY OF THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. Limitations of Liability. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or loss regardless of how caused, and whether arising from breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or any other cause of action. Neither we nor any of our employees, officers, directors, suppliers, agents or affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of use of the Site or Service or otherwise. If, notwithstanding the foregoing, we or any of our employees, officers, directors, suppliers, agents or affiliates is found liable for damages, it is agreed that such liability shall not exceed One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), in the aggregate.
Without limiting the foregoing, you specifically acknowledge that we are not liable for the defamatory, offensive or unlawful conduct of other users of the Site or any Service. Additionally, any links to any other web sites are provided for your convenience only. We do not monitor or review any web sites linked to the Site and we will not have any responsibility or liability with respect to linked sites.
Additional Terms for Participants in the Writers Workshop:
Premium Membership automatically entitles you to participate in the Writers Workshop where members can submit original work and receive feedback. As a member of the Writers Workshop, you are also expected to read, rate and review works of other members.
Another bonus of Premium Membership is the chance to be included in a Writer's Anthology of best stories that have appeared in the Writers Workshop. If you are chosen for the Anthology, you will need to enter into one or more additional agreements in order for your piece to be included. Please note that there is no guarantee that any piece will be included or that the Anthology will be published.